Steve Acornley gives the following update on the November Scottish Gathering:
Once again 9410 Dave Smith and his family have offered to host us for a Scottish Gathering arriving at about 12h00 on Saturday the 9th November 2019 at the Buccleuch Arms Hotel, Moffat, Dumfries and departing on Sunday the 10th.
Those of you who attended last year will know what great hosts Dave, his wife Yvonne and their two sons are.
The rates are very much the same:
- 50% off the Double Room rate (£66) meaning £33 – Provided it is booked directly through the main contact, Yvonne, at email@example.com
- The key dinner/buffet – similar to 2018 would be kept down to £15.00 per person.
- The Breakfast rate cannot be reduced without making it substandard. So Breakfast would remain at £9.00 per person.
- For our group or anyone booking through me, Dave can and will be happy to extend this for a week either side of the intended weekend.
- You can start making bookings right away – quoting the “BSAP Week” with the dates you wish to book – i.e. if you just want 1 night – arrive Sat (9th) and depart Sunday(10th) or if you wish to taker advantage of a longer, discounted break, the relevant arrival and depature dates.
- Dave has stated that he does not require deposits or payment up front with bookings.
Not sure where you will get Dinner, Bed and Breakfast and congenial company for £40.50 per person today?
I am also getting in touch with the local British Legion to see if they will be holding a Remembrance Parade at the Moffat Cenotaph on the Sunday for those who may wish to attend.
Looking forward to meeting up again for another great weekend. Please copy me in on any bookings at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can keep a track of who is coming as I would like to give our region first option on the hotel accommodation.
Once out Scottish contingent have made bookings I will then invite the NW England group again as we did last year
Regards, Steve Acornley